As an official Gestra partner and stockist we supply customers working in industry and shipbuilding with the complete Gestra product range off the shelf. This includes established products like the Gestra RK non-return valves, Gestra BK/MK/UNA steam traps, Gestra type 725 / 726 control valves, Gestra industrial electronics and Gestra oil and turbidity detectors plus customer specific special solutions. We stock original replacement parts and ensure short procurement channels for products which are not immediately available off the shelf. We still have the Gestra level switches NRS 1-7b which are no longer in production available off the shelf for example.
Gestra AG is an international manufacturer of valves and control systems for heat and process fluid control. As a subsidiary of Spirax Sarco, Gestra does in addition to non-return valves and steam traps also produce control valves such as mechanical pressure and temperature regulators or return flow temperature control valves as well. Industrial electronics such as level switches and also blowdown valves and intermittent blowdown valves, oil detectors and oil indicators and turbidity indicators are significant parts of the product range. Gestra AG, which has its headquarters in Bremen, specialises in the fields of valves, industrial electronics and heating devices and tanks and it is firmly established on the international market.
DISCO non-return valves and DISCO check valves, control valves, shut-off valves and strainers are an area within the field of industrial valves where Gestra has particular attributes. With a history of over 100 years Gestra has over time developed into a firmly established international company in the field of industrial valves, control systems and pressure and condensate handling. With innovative solutions in the field of boiler equipment and boiler monitoring the products provide considerable potential of savings and make a sustainable contribution towards environmental protection. Safe operation of the system is guaranteed with products for level control, conductivity control and temperature monitoring for steam and hot water boilers.
Gestra non-return valves
In this field we offer Gestra DISCO non-return valves, especially the production series RK 41 / 44 / 44s / 76 / 86 / 86a, Gestra DISCO dual plate check valves type BB, and Gestra DISCO swing check valves type CB 14 / 26 / 26a / 24s / WB.
DISCO non-return valves have an important role to play in the steam and condensate network. Complicated valves can sometimes be replaced and the operational safety and automation of the heating process are guaranteed. DISCO RK non-return valves stand out due to their short lengths which means they can save space when installed between two flanges.
The DISCO dual plate check valves can be a useful addition to the Gestra non-return valves in the area of large nominal diameter for example. Low flow resistances and short lengths should be highlighted here. Versions of DISCO type BB dual plate check valves stand out due to a particularly long service life and low pressure loss.
Here you can find our range of Gestra non-return valves.
Gestra steam traps
The task of the steam trap involves the optimum dissipation of the condensate situated in steam heated heat exchangers or systems. Liquids and cold condensates which occur in systems with other gaseous substances due to e.g. dew point differences also need to be dissipated. Gestra offers various production series of steam traps to meet the various, system specific requirements. Gestra steam traps mainly involve the BK, MK, DK and UNA production series.
• Gestra steam traps of the BK production series (also steam traps with bi-metallic regulator) include thermostatic steam traps with bi-metallic regulator as a robust version with protection against line hammers and frost.
• Gestra steam traps of the MK production series (also steam traps with membrane regulator) have a high level of responsiveness and control precision and automatic ventilation thanks to the membrane regulator.
• Gestra steam traps of the UNA production series (also ball float traps) are controlled by ball floats. They are particularly suitable for use in strongly changing operating conditions and make dissipation possible without banking up even if there are sudden changes in pressure and condensate quantity and also for the smallest differential pressures. Automatic ventilation is included in the Duplex version.
You can find furher information and our product range here: Gestra steam straps.
Gestra control valves
Regulating or control valves, equipped with electrical or pneumatic actuators, regulate and control systems and facilities for liquids, vapours and gases up to and beyond 250° C.
We divide Gestra control valves into three groups:
• Control valves like the FlowPak type V725 or FlowTop type V726 with electrical and pneumatic actuators.
• Mechanical pressure and temperature regulators like the 5610 overflow valve, the 5801 pressure reducing valve and the Clorius temperature regulator.
• Return temperature control valves like the BW31 and the BW31a return temperature control valves for thermal oil systems and also cooling water control valve CW41 and cooling water control valve CW44.
Our full product range can be found here: Gestra control valves.
Gestra industrial electronics
Economy and operational safety are key factors for boiler operation. System automation and visualisation are also becoming an increasing focus of the operators. Here Gestra provides a complete range of wear free and low maintenance electrode systems and the associated control and evaluation electronics. The systems go beyond the actual boiler equipment and also integrate peripheral container systems into the regulation and control process in order to guarantee efficient and fault free operation.
There are the following distinct groups within Gestra industrial electronics:
• Blowdown valves like type BA46, BAE46 and intermittent blowdown valves like PA46 and MPA46 in manual and automatic versions
• Oil alarms like the oil indicator OR52-5 and oil indicator for cooling water ORGS11-2
• Gestra level electronics like level switches of the NRS (NRS1-7) production series, indication units (URA), level controls of the NRR production series, level probes, level electrodes and level transmitters of the NRGT (NRGT26-1) types, combination electrodes (NRG16-38/39) and water level limiters of the NRG (NRG16) production series.
Here you find our range of Gestra industrial electronics.
Gestra oil indicators and turbidity indicators
Oil indicators and oil alarms monitor and report oil ingress into water cycles or the ingress of alien substances in transparent liquids. For this purpose we offer the oil alarm ORGS 11-2 and the TURBISCOPE OR 52/5 oil and turbidity detector and OR 52/6.
Here you find more information on Gestra oil and turbidity detectors.
Our GESTRA team is available to you on +49 (40) 398202-46 or -47 and at Gestra@barthel-armaturen.de at any time.