1. Name and contact information of the body responsible for the processing and the company data protection officer:
This data protection applies to the data processing by:
Fritz Barthel Armaturen GmbH & Co. KG
Schnackenburgallee 16 - 22525 Hamburg
Telephone: +49 (0) 39 82 02-0
Telefax: +49 (0)39 82 02-77
The company data protection officer can be contacted at the above address, FAO data protection officer or by email via email@example.com.
2. Gathering, saving and deletion of personal data, as well as the type and scope of its use:
a) When visiting the website:
When you visit our website, www.barthel-armaturen.de, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your involvement and stored until its automatic erasure:
- The IP address of the requesting computer
- The date and time of access
- The name and URL of the retrieved file
- The website from which access is made (the referrer URL)
- The browser used and the operating system of your computer plus the name of your access provider
The above-mentioned data is used by us for the following purposes:
- To guarantee the seamless establishment of a connection to this website
- To guarantee that our website is easy and convenient to use
- To evaluate system security and stability
- For other administrative purposes
The legal foundation for data processing is laid down in Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest derives from the above-listed data collection purposes. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of making inferences about your personal characteristics.
b) When using our contact form:
If you have any questions, we offer you the option of contacting us using the form provided on the website. When you do so you will need to provide us with a valid email address and your name so that we know who the query comes from and are able to answer it. Any further details are provided voluntarily.
In accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1(a), of the GDPR, data processing for the purpose of making contact with us is carried out on the basis of your voluntary consent.
3. Transfer of data:
Your personal data is not transferred to third parties other than for the defined purposes. The data will only be passed on to third parties if:
- you have given us your express consent in accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1(a), of the GDPR,
- the transfer is necessary, in accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1(f), of the GDPR, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in your data not being transferred,
- circumstances render the transfer necessary, pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1(c), of the GDPR, for compliance with a legal obligation, and
- it is lawful and necessary pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1(b), of the GDPR for the performance of the contract with you.
Cookies are used on our website. These are small files that your browser automatically creates and that are stored on your device (laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar) when you visit our site. Cookies do not cause any damage to your end device and do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware. The information that is stored in the cookie is specific to each end device used. This does not mean, however, that we obtain immediate knowledge of your identity.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can also configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Completely deactivating cookies however may mean that you will not be able to use all the functions of our website.
5. Tracking Tools:
For the purpose of tailoring our pages to your needs and continuously optimising them, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Ireland Limited (Gordon House, 4 Barrow Street, Dublin; hereinafter referred to as ‘Google’). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website, such as:
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the page you were visiting which directed you to our website),
- host name of the computer accessing the website (IP address) and
- time of server query,
is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide further services connected with the use of the website and the internet for the purposes of market research and the design of these websites in line with requirements. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. IP addresses are made anonymous so that they cannot be matched with the user accessing the website (IP masking).
You can prevent cookies from being installed on your device using the relevant setting in your browser software; we would like to state, however, that you may then not be able to use all functions of this website to the full extent.
You can also prevent the logging of data generated through cookies and your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data through Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found here: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html.
6. Advertising tools:
It is our goal to present users with only those advertisements that are relevant for them. To improve our advertising in this respect, we use the advertising tools described below. The legal basis for the use of these tools is your voluntarily consent in accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1(a), of the GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time by setting your cookie preferences accordingly, with effect for the future here.
a) DoubleClick by Google:
As far as is known, through the use of DoubleClick, Google is informed that you have accessed the corresponding section of our website or have clicked on one of our adverts. Insofar as you are registered with a Google service, Google can attribute the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible for the provider to find out and store your IP address.
Alternatively, you can also configure your browser to not store cookies on your computer or to always display a warning before a new cookie is created, or by permanently disabling cookies in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers at http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin you can prevent your browser from being recorded.
For more information about DoubleClick by Google, please visit www.google.de/doubleclick and for more information on data protection at Google in general, please visit www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google complies with the EU–US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) GA Audience:
c) Bing Ads:
The advertising analysis service Bing Ads is used on our website. This is a service of Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA. This tool allows us to track and analyse the activities of users who have come to our website through an advertisement from Bing Ads. For this purpose, a cookie (point 4) is stored in your browser. This cookie is then used to store some non-personal data about the use of the website. This includes the time spent on the website, which areas of the website have been accessed and which display has been used to access the website. Information about your identity is not collected.
The information collected is transferred to Microsoft servers in the USA and is generally stored there for a maximum of 180 days. You can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website and the processing of this data by deactivating the setting of cookies. This may limit the functionality of the website.
Microsoft may also use cross-device tracking to track your usage across multiple electronic devices and may be able to display personalised advertising on Microsoft websites and apps. You can disable this at https://choice.microsoft.com/de-de/opt-out.
For more information about Bing’s analysis services, visit the Bing Ads website (https://help.bingads.microsoft.com/#apex/3/de/53056/2). For more information about privacy protection at Microsoft and Bing, see the Microsoft privacy statement (https://privacy.microsoft.com/de-de/privacystatement).
7. Additional services:
In addition, other third-party tools are integrated to make your stay on our website more pleasant. The legal basis for the use of these tools is your voluntarily consent in accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1(a), of the GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time by setting your cookie preferences accordingly, with effect for the future here.
b) Google Maps:
8. Rights of affected persons:
You are entitled:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR.
In particular, you may obtain information on the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, significant information on its details; in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to have it deleted and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR;
- in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, usual and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Article 7, paragraph 3, of the GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time.
As a consequence, we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing that was based on this consent in the future; and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters for this purpose.
9. Right of objection:
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1(f), of the GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if the objection is directed at processing for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case you have a general right to object which will be implemented by us without reference to any particular situation. If you wish to exercise your rights to withdraw consent or to object, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient.
10. Up-to-dateness and changes to this data protection declaration